Pinnacle Construction and Development Corporation seeks a dependable, hard-working, conscientious individual, with minimum 3 years' construction experience as Construction Carpenter Assistant (Helper) for a multi-family project in Blacksburg, VA.
- Wood framing experience (multi-family preferred)
- Ability to work with tools
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in units of measure.
- Ability to drive a forklift and unload building materials is preferred.
- Ability to work both independently & within a team.
- Must have valid driver's license and reliable transportation
Job Duties include:
- Must provide basic carpentry hand tools.
- Studies blueprints, sketches, or building plans for information pertaining to type of material required and dimensions of structure or fixture to be fabricated.
- Selects specified type of lumber or other materials.
- Prepares layout. Marks cutting and assembly lines on materials.
- Shapes materials to prescribed measurements.
- Assembles cut and shaped materials and fastens them together with nails, dowel pins, or glue.
- Constructs forms and chutes for placing concrete.
- Gathers materials for workers to handle on job sites.
- Keeps job site clean.
- Unloads materials from trucks.
- May erect, climb and work on scaffolding and ladders for assembling structures ground level at heights up to 100 feet or below ground level at depths down to feet. Use body harness or other fall protection when required.
- May be required to use the following tools/equipment: carpenter's hand tools, small/medium/large power tools, bench tools (saw, drill, grinder), concrete saw, chipper, sander, paving breaker, jackhammer.
- Other duties as assigned.
Working conditions: active construction site.
We offer top wages (commensurate w/ experience), health insurance, paid vacation time, and a retirement plan.
NOTE: As a condition of employment, a satisfactory drug test and background check are required.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer